Monday, March 3, 2008

The Truth of the Matter

"Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; and ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free." John 8:31-32

I am quite aware that my future on this earth is uncertain. My cancer is quite advanced and, without chemotherapy, I will not survive unless the Lord chooses to intervene in a miraculous way. Some of you who know me and read this are praying for such a miracle. Keep on praying. I know your prayers are sustaining me.

Meanwhile, I need to continue to praise God and proclaim that His mercy endures forever (Psalms 106:1). That is why I started this blog. Sometimes I may become sidetracked (as with my previous post), but my main intent is to encourage my readers to believe God, to believe the Bible, and to have faith in Jesus Christ, that He is whom He said He is and that He gives eternal life to all who believe. This is the fundamental truth that makes all the difference in life and in death. It is the truth that has given me the courage to face my trials and my death without fear. When I die, whenever that may be, I will truly begin to live.

No comments: