Monday, April 7, 2008

Whew! I'm Tired.

Gardening a little at a time is okay, but silly me got into it on this gorgeous day and did more than I should have. I spent nearly three hours at it and didn't realize it. Now I'm tired, but I don't mind because I feel as though I accomplished something (which unlike doing dishes, does not have to be done every day) and I have participated in living.

Tomorrow I start another cycle (two weeks on, one week off) of chemo, but after this one I will be taking a short break to go on a trip to see family and friends and to do a little sight-seeing. My husband and I need to take the time to get away. He will have finished a very trying year teaching at the comunity college and being the head of his department (that is to say, he has extra work added on to him that consumes a lot of his time). As for me, I have been a "shut-in" all winter, particularly during the flu season. I need to get out of the house!

"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones." Proverbs 17:22"

No comments: